Sunday 11 January 2009

Extract from Rosie the Writer blog on 3rd January

Here we have a stumbling block. I can't draw.

However, as Gizmo started to take shape in my mind I realised that at some stage I would either have to describe him to an illustrator or try to get my ideas onto paper. The main thing is – a picture is a must have for a new media character. So, the drawing isn't great but he will do for now.

I have also extensively researched drawing cats, particularly on youtube and have now come up with a reasonable Yolanda from a mishmash of various tutorial videos and my childhood favourite Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever, Hamlyn, 1964.

Bertram is a bit of an old timer, so I think we can allow him to be a little less social media savvy. It will be a while before he is brave enough to start putting photos on his on-line profiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment