Sunday 11 January 2009

Audio file troubles

Leo kindly reviewed my project and commented that he found the audio file a bit fast. I already had that concern, myself so Leo's comment has spurred me on to look at this again.

However, I am just getting more and more puzzled as sometimes when I listen to the clip it sounds fine. - full of energy, and clear. At other times it sounds rushed, garbled. What is going on?

Is it the listeners perception and dependent on the mood they are in or does it sound different on different computers?

I had a recollection from a fascinating visit to the production studios of BBC Radio 4's The World Tonight during my first degree that a radio broadcast was generally paced at around 240 words per minute. But I can't find any referenced to substantiate this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Words_per_minute#Speech_and_listening
shows 210 words per minute to be easily comprehensible. My piece is approximately 210 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment